Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Where do I begin...

It's hard to pinpoint when and where my cushing's began, but we believe it to be somewhere around 1998 after I had Nick (my second child). My symptoms were very unnoticeable, thinking back, the only real thing, my face was a little rounder (nothing like now),menstrual cycles had been abnormal since having Hailey (my first child), some depression -had moved away from home and had two kids all within 2-3 years, so it just seemed to me those feelings were normal. Looking back at old pictures, you can see the central weight gain, it has never been in my arms and legs. I just kept throwing everything back on having babies. Over the years there have been symptoms that were just spaced out and were not really ever pieced together. Just small things like I would have really bad headaches (so bad I would have Scott just put pressure on my head) and backaches. I would go through times that I was up all night just going nonstop, now I know that was the cortisol playing with my body. Nothing that would scare me enough to go to the doctor for. Honestly, if I am not bleeding or having a baby I don't go to doctors. Fast forward to 2005, I had put on more weight then lost weight and then we got pregnant with Ava (my third child). During the pregnancy the only "abnormal" things were, at times not being able to sleep,then too much sleep, and oh man the restless legs. But that just seemed to me the crazy things that happen during pregnancy. It was pretty much like the other two pregnancies. As I think about the pregnancies though, I did have a miscarriage between Hailey and Nick (just another stress factor to throw in there). After having Ava the "baby weight" come off a little, but of course, not the way I would have liked it to,lol. Now jump to 2007, menstrual cycle is still off, for me that was normal, still more weight gain and only in the middle, crazy stretch marks, more depression, ass kicking mood swings, my lovely hump, headaches. Still hadn't put symptoms together, I just thought it was one thing after another due to having babies yet again and just dealt with what was going on. Oh yeah the facial hair, "it's in the family". I think there was an excuse for everything. Who wants to be a hypochondriac, and complain over every little thing? Now just last year my symptoms have started to really manifest. I have completely lost menstrual cycles, fatigue, acne, skin rashes, insomnia, all on the list above. So finally in November of 2008 I seen my ob/gyn, mainly because of the loss of periods and the excess facial hair. I am told by her that I could be going through early menopause or PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). I go for some lab work and she sends me to see an endocrinologist. I really had no clue what to expect there. In the meantime, I started researching PCOS. I was starting to think, hey that's what it is. My labs had shown high testosterone, insulin resistance, high blood glucose, so that was that. I was put on some medicine and sent for some more blood work. Had my thyroid checked out by ultrasound, they thought there was a 1cm nodule. So the next step for that was a biopsy, turned out there was nothing there. Through the researching, I kept coming across cushing's. That's when my light bulb turned on. I had more symptoms than what just fell under PCOS. So back to the endo I go, this time more informed and she just wasn't that much more help and so I moved on to another....

1 comment:

  1. buy malegra fxt plus online The combination of Sildenafil and duloxetine is powerful medicine to address the issue of male impotence. It is prescribed to manage erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.

    ReplyDelete