Saturday, July 25, 2009

My first ambulance ride...

Ok well last week (Tues. 7/14) I was lucky enough to have my first ride in an ambulance ever! Unfortunately it wasn't all that fun. I woke up that day just fine, just felt really swollen, puffy, but that seems to be the norm for me lately. I was doing ok for a bit, then all of a sudden felt really nauseated and could not stand up straight. I was having alot of pain in my right side and around to my back. I thought it was just backache and really a beginning to a bad low (low cortisol). I tried to soak in a warm bath and um nope that wasn't cuttin' it! I had Hailey bringing me ice water and my blood sugar meter (97 not so bad). I ended up in my bed under the covers with chills and just more pain in my back, I knew it just had something to do with my kidneys. I checked my blood pressure and sure enough it was through the roof! Thank God by this time my mom showed up, she took the bp again manually and it was still to high so she called 911. Well then here I go on my fun ride, woohoo, lol. Gotta keep the humor people or I go a little crazy ;)
The emt (trainee)is trying to put an IV into my hand and I'm telling him at the same time "you are going to have trouble, my veins are a little messed up because of the cushings". Sure enough another emt had to try again in the other hand. Have you ever had a flicking contest for fun with someone? Well that's what it was like, he tied my arm and literally kept flicking the top of my hand and really I couldn't help but laugh and cry at the same time. He finally got it in. They tested the hemoglobin it was right at 13 (a little low) my blood sugar was at 93 and my bp was still high. In the ER at St. Johns things just started to go really slow but seemingly calmer. Again with the IV's though? A nurse came to put yet another in, had to go over the vein prob with her. Got to give her credit, first try she got it, but when it was taken out the darn thing was bent sideways. Anyway, I sat around for a bit with Scott waiting on result form the urine test and sure enough blood in it, so on to the CT to see how big my new friend was. New friend meaning, if you haven't guessed, a kidney stone. Not a very big one (4mmx3mm) but yet another first for me. As for now I'm fine, I'm guessing I passed it. Now I just keep going on dealing with all the other crap dealing with this disease.

1 comment:

  1. buy sildenafil 100mg online is also prescribed for many men with early ejaculation. It helps to maintain the erection after ejaculation and reduces the refractory time before a second erection can be obtained.

    ReplyDelete